31 Days of Halloween marathon picks revealed
This is the list of this year’s 31 Days of Halloween picks, which will be the second annual running of this marathon moviethon. This is organized with some interesting and funny showdowns, newcomers I’ve never seen before, and classics. The showdowns are battles between originals and remakes, which should make for some good comparisons. How much fun is it going to be to make fun of The Wicker Man remake and the crap that makes no sense in the Wicker Man original? There are many movies on this list that have had remakes, but I picked out only a few in order to not kill myself watching movies in October.
I kick off the October marathon with the Poltergeist comparison. I wonder if the premise of the story holds up in the remake, as in the original. I actually like The Wicker Man original, but the remake is god-awful. Can I sit through it without fast-forward? I don’t know, it is going to be a challenge. Next, I call upon all that is crappy to bring forth the House of Wax comparison. That should be funny. I just wonder who the hell thought making a Paris Hilton movie out of an old Vincent Price movie was a good idea, but I’m getting ahead of myself. To spice up my upteenth rewatch of The Omen, I’ve decided to rescind my boycott of The Omen II! Amazing! I hope the blog post is good. Let the October fun start!
31. Poltergeist (1982) vs Poltergeist (2015)
30. Blair Witch Project (1999) – I like this movie while most others hate it. Underrated?
29. Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) – The original I’ve never reviewed on this site.
28. The Wicker Man (1973) vs The Wicker Man Remake – How much fun can I make of these movies?
27. Tales from the Darkside, the Movie (1990) – This one is underrated.
26. Saw (2004) – A lot of people have grown to hate this movie, but does it still hold up?
25. The Prophecy (1995) – This is a personal favorite and probably makes the list easy.
24. The Hills have Eyes (1977)
23. House of the Long Shadows (1983)
22. Creepshow (1982) – This is a fairly good movie.
21. Phantasm (1979) – This is an absolute classic.
20. The Omen (1976) vs Damien: The Omen II
19. We Are Still Here (2015) – A haunted house movie for 2015.
18. The Guest (2010) – A retro newcomer.
17. Return of the Living Dead (1985) – The first zombie movie I thought of after I saw all the Romero movies last year.
15. The House that Dripped Blood (1971) – The only Christopher Lee movie I haven’t seen.
14. Army of Darkness (1992) – Comedy horror movies are not represented enough on this list.
13. In the Mouth of Madness (1994) – Sam Neill really makes this movie worthwhile.
12. Friday the 13th Part III
11. Theater of Blood (1973)
10. House of Wax (1953) vs House of Wax (2005)
9. Hellraiser Inferno (2000)
8. Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man (1943) – The first Universal team-up movie.
7. The Changeling (1980) – Underrated performance by George C. Scott.
6. The Eye (2002)
5. The Hitcher (1986) – A great movie.
4. Paranormal Activity (2007) – A really successful horror movie that started the jump scare movement.
3. 28 Days Later (2003) – The movie that was brave enough to make a zombie movie before they were “cool”.
2. Suspiria (1977) – An Argento movie I’ve never seen all the way through.
1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) – This review will be published October 31st!